VISITOR VISA - UK Visitor Visa

VISITOR VISA - UK Visitor Visa

 A Standard Visitor visa for tourism purposes allows applicants to travel to the UK for leisure, for business or for another reason such as to visit family and friends, take part in sports and creative events, receive private medical treatment or purely to visit the country for up to six (6) months. The UK is extremely diverse in its landscape and people and has a wealth of culture, history and scenic beauty that can be discovered and explored.

All applicants in this category must show to the UK Immigration Authorities that they can financially maintain and accommodate themselves in the UK without recourse to public funding or working. They can show however that they have assistance from family member(s) living in the UK.


  • are 18 or over
  • are visiting the UK for less than 6 months
  • will leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
  • can pay for your return or onward journey
  • are not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands

Your family in the UK

You must be able to show that you’re visiting one of the following family members in the UK:

  • spouse or civil partner
  • children
  • parents or siblings
  • grandparents or grandchildren
  • your spouse’s or civil partner’s siblings or parents
  • your child’s spouse or civil partner
  • step parents, step children or step siblings
  • a person you’ve been living with in a long-term relationship, as if you were married or in a civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply
  • Your family member must also be one of the following:
  • a British citizen
  • settled in the UK
  • granted asylum in the UK
  • under humanitarian protection in the UK

Required documentation: 

  • your passport
  • proof of your relationship, eg a birth or marriage certificate
  • a letter from your partner or family in the UK declaring that they are travelling with you or that you are coming to stay with them in the UK
  • your partner or family member’s passport or ID card
  • You must provide proof that you are financially dependant on your family member in the UK if you are applying as their dependent extended family member.